[PLUG] Printing PDF document in two columns

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Dec 4 23:37:51 UTC 2018

On Tue, 4 Dec 2018, Louis Kowolowski wrote:

> Can't you create a document with 2 columns and insert the graphics into 1
> column and the text into another? This seems like basic latex.. Assume I'm
> missing something.>

Louis,

   Nope. This is not an article, book, or report. It's a beamer class
presentation where each page is a slide.

   I can make two minipages on each slide, but then the speaker's note is
displayed with the image for the audience.

   Many years ago (late 1990s) I used presentation software that allowed
putting slides and notes in two columns as an alternative to the slides
themselves. I no longer recall what I used since I've been using LaTeX since
then.

   If there is no practical way to do this I can print out the notes only.
Each page has a very small image of the slide associated with the notes in
the upper right corner. I'll use this unless there's a better solution.

Regards,