[PLUG] LibreOffice Writer: delete character

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Thu Dec 6 19:18:45 UTC 2018

On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 10:32:19 -0800 (PST)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> dijo:

>   In my installation it's undefined. Pressing it does nothing. In the
>keyboard shortcut assignment list there is no definition for it and
>the many choices of actions do not include that of the Del key.

I have LO 5.1.6.2 on Xubuntu 16.04, and it lists Ctrl-D, but not
Ctrl-d, defining it as double underline. Actually, it does not list any
of the lowercase letters with Ctrl, only the uppercase letters. I
selected a word, then used Ctrl-d, and it gave the word double
underlining, even though the d was lowercase. Then I tried Ctrl-D and
it right-aligned the whole line, the same as Ctrl-r. This is very
strange. Fortunately, I rarely use either function, and if I do I
use the mouse on the Formatting toolbar, so I'm not highly motivated
to sleuth out the cause. Still, I am curiositized as to why Ctrl-D is
defined as one thing but does another.