[PLUG] Problem with Google Earth Install

Michael Barnes barnmichael at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 04:33:53 UTC 2018

Once again I shall try to post this to the group. Even if you have no
answer, I'd at least appreciate some acknowledgement that this message
actually went out.

I am trying to install Google Earth on my Ubuntu desktop computer. I
downloaded the google-earth-pro-stable_current_amd64.deb file. Per
instructions I found on the Internet, I did

$ sudo dpkg -i ./google-earth-pro-stable_current_amd64.deb
$ sudo apt-get install -f
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get upgrade

then exited the terminal and went to "Search Your Computer", searched for
Google, clicked on Google Earth Pro and it started up. The problem is, the
window has my desktop in it with the earth display in a little window in
the upper left corner. I've tried the various on-line helps and don't even
know for sure how to describe the issue. I have removed and reinstalled
with the same results. I'm guessing there is something wrong with my
installation procedure. I don't do this very often.

Thanks for any ideas,
Michael