[PLUG] LibreOffice vs. Calligra (WAS: Re: LibreOffice Writer: delete character [CLOSED])

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Dec 7 18:47:20 UTC 2018

On Fri, 7 Dec 2018, King Beowulf wrote:

> You probably meant "calligra" often included as part of the KDE desktopm
> suite.

Ed,

   Yep. That I did.

> Calligra offers a few more integrated programs than LO, but I find LO much
> easier to use ...

   I've never really liked office suite packages, starting in the mid-1980s
with those DOS applications such as Framework. I prefer to pick and choose
application-specific tools.

   Abiword is building now; gnumeric will follow.

   I've deleted calligra but haven't found the proper 'removepkg ...' syntax
to remove all the internationalized language files. The man page didn't
suggest how to do a bulk remove and I don't want to do each of the zillion
files manually. Are you aware of a bulk remove syntax?

Regards,