[PLUG] Virtual Box does not work...

Dave Lien - W7DAL W7DAL at comcast.net
Tue Dec 18 04:39:56 UTC 2018

Thank you Derek and Ed. Your ideas and suggestions were most helpful.

I pursued them all, but hit brick walls in every direction. Either more
techno-barriers arose or needed software had been discontinued. /I'll
delete a cheeky screed here about Oracle releasing such a PITA product.../

So I punted. Installed the latest *VMware*, Windows version, on Windows
10. The USB Ports work fine, but no Serial.

Then installed Windows 10 on the latest Ubuntu Linux version with the
same results. The USB ports work well by default. Will attempt to solve
the Serial Port problem under VMware as time allows just to solve the
problem.

But this satisfies my needs. I can now run the Windows IoT software in a
Linux box with a USB to Serial adapter. *Mission accomplished*.

TNX AGN!

-Dave