[PLUG] USB on VirtualBox on Slackware

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Tue Dec 18 23:20:00 UTC 2018

On 12/18/18 2:59 PM, Ben Koenig wrote:
> Options will be greyed out if the VM is currently running.

Right. I forgot about that one.

> First make sure the VM is shut down and closed, and then go into settings.
> A lot of options are disabled because you need to change them BEFORE you
> run the VM.

Did that. The Enable USB Controller check box is no longer grayed out. I
changed the radio button from USB 1.1 to USB 2.0, but when the virtual
machine is running, it still doesn't see any USB devices. I'm pretty
sure this device doesn't need USB 2. I think it's been around since
before USB 2. All it is is three switches, so there's no particular need
for a higher speed interface. I had forgotten that I have Express
Scribe, a piece of transcription software that runs on Win2K. I tried
running it and setting up the foot pedal, but it doesn't see it either.
(Not surprising.)

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens