[PLUG] Domain with e-mail - cheap

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Dec 21 00:34:49 UTC 2018

On Thu, 20 Dec 2018, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> I wish to create a specific e-mail account for my own domain. I did a
> couple quick searches and the domain name that I want is available. I
> found several places that will register it for me for ~$10 a year, but to
> create e-mail on the domain they want monthly fees. What is a good cheap
> way to accomplish this? Suggestions welcome.

John,

   I don't know if namecheap.com charges for e-mail hosting but they're very
reasonable for domain registration. They are the registrar for my two
domains but I run my own MTA so I don't use their mail service.

   Also, take a look at nearlyfreespeech.net and see if their offerings fit
your need. They host my web site and it costs me about $0.35/month.

Happy holidays,