[PLUG] Domain with e-mail - cheap

alan at clueserver.org alan at clueserver.org
Fri Dec 21 00:43:25 UTC 2018

> I wish to create a specific e-mail account for my own domain. I did a
> couple quick searches and the domain name that I want is available. I
> found several places that will register it for me for ~$10 a year, but
> to create e-mail on the domain they want monthly fees. What is a good
> cheap way to accomplish this? Suggestions welcome.

I host my email server off my Century Link connection. You have to open
port 25, which can be done on a web page. I have a NUC running Postfix
that works very well. You just have to have a fixed IP address and the
proper forwarding in the firewall rules. There is a way to set up without
the fixed IP, but I have never had to do that.

perl -pe 's/^\s+//g' *.py