[PLUG] Resolved: Slackware on X200 - buttons

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Sat Dec 22 19:45:27 UTC 2018

On 12/20/18 10:12 AM, King Beowulf wrote:
> On 12/19/18 7:54 AM, Dick Steffens wrote:
> Install xbindkeys from SBo as we did with the other slackbuild scripts
> (1st link above). I included the Arch reference (2nd link) link for
> information since Slackdocs does not have an entry.
>
> Once xbindkeys is installed, you can follow the Arch article to set up
> the volume buttons as they provide a configuration example.

Success. Earlier this week I tried to run ./configure and got an error
message. What I missed was that I wasn't in the proper directory. I
tried to cd to it, but left of the trailing slash. Once I put myself in
the right place, ./configure worked, as did all the rest of the standard
steps.

Then, I followed the instructions on
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xbindkeys, logged out and back in,
and the volume controls now work.