[PLUG] Slackware Firefox out of date

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Wed Dec 26 18:26:32 UTC 2018

On 12/26/18 9:48 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Dec 2018, Dick Steffens wrote:
>
>> Did I miss a step in the install? I don't remember having to do anything
>> extra to have an up to date Firefox on the laptop.
>
> Dick,
>
>   After installation run
>
> # slackpkg update

This ran fine.

> followed by
>
> # slackpkg upgrade-all

After much upgrading came the question, "Do you want slackpkg to run
lilo now? (Y/n)" I said "Y" and it said,

     Fatal. Cannot open /etc.lilo.conf

I see that there is a lilo.conf.example, but no lilo.conf, so I guess
there was another skipped step.

Next the upgrade-all continued by looking for NEW configuration files.
I'm assuming that, since this is a mostly new installation, I should
chose O to overwrite old files with new ones. Did so and the upgrade-all
process finished.

Should I make a copy of lilo.conf.example and name it lilo.conf and then
run lilo?

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens