[PLUG] Slackware Firefox out of date

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Sun Dec 30 00:34:22 UTC 2018

On 12/29/18 3:52 PM, Ben Koenig wrote:
> There are a few things wrong with that config, change it to the following:
>
> chooser=simple
> delay=1
> timeout=1
> #
> image=vmlinuz-huge
>          label=slackware
>          read-only
>          append="root=/dev/sda2 vga=normal ro"
>
> The slackware installer has vi if you know how to use that, or copy/paste
> into a new file and copy it over the existing elilo.conf.

While not a fan of vi, I can muddle through with it as long as I have a
cheat sheet, which I found.

Trying to use the USB stick to boot with that elilo.conf produces an
error that vmlinuz-huge isn't found. I still get a GRUB menu with
Slackware as the option. I can still boot into the install USB.

Earlier today I tried using the elilo.conf contents you referred to earlier:

image=vmlinuz
          label=vmlinuz
          read-only
          append="root=/dev/sda2 vga=normal ro"

That worked, so I'll go back to that and try again.

That works.

Now to go back to the beginning of this thread and see why I started it.
There was some issue with upgrading, I think.

I assume I should run those things again and make sure I'm up to date.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens