[PLUG] Slackware Firefox out of date

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 01:23:30 UTC 2018

Nice! most people write little shell scripts to run the update commands.

I suggest a small shell script to help you remember. Something along the
lines of the following works really well:

< ---- cut here ---->
#!/bin/sh

slackpkg update
slackpkg upgrade-all
cp /boot/vmlinuz-huge /boot/efi/EFI/Slackware/vmlinuz

< ---- cut here ---->

Copy the above text into a file named "get-updates.sh" and run
$ sh get-updates.sh

The moment you finish working through one command, it will go to the next
automatically. No remembering required.