[PLUG] Installing LibreOffice on Slackware

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Mon Dec 31 23:25:22 UTC 2018

On 12/31/18 3:03 PM, Ben Koenig wrote:
>   From the JDK page:
> https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/development/jdk/

> * YOU MUST AGREE TO ORACLE'S DOWNLOAD AGREEMENT BEFORE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE   *
> * JDK BINARY PACKAGE FROM THEM.  THIS MEANS THAT YOU HAVE TO USE SOME SORT OF *
> * WEB BROWSER, E.G. FIREFOX, TO DOWNLOAD IT. LINKS, WGET, ET AL WILL NOT WORK *

> Oracle blocks direct downloads with a web interface. You cannot download
> their software directly, you gotta go through the JDK downloads area and
> agree to their EULA crap. This link will always be broken. So do the thing
> you just said
> 1) Download the slackbuild build files "jdk.tar.gz"
>
> 2) Then instead of clicking the download link like all other packages,
> click on the project homepage link
> https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
>
> And download the file from there. You are looking for
> jdk-8u192-linux-x64.tar.gz

I've been to that page before, but it doesn't provide a clue as to where
to actually get the .tar.gz file. I finally thought to search on "oracle
jdk-8u192-linux-x64.tar.gz" which took me to this page:

https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

And there was the file, along with a simple radio button to accept the
license agreement.

Now that I have all the prerequisites I am trying to run
libreoffice.SlackBuild. It hangs with the error message:

... well, it said it was hung, so I turned around to type this on the
other computer. When I turned back to get the text of the error message,
it was gone, and the process was continuing. It finished and I have
installed LibreOffice. It works.

Thanks for the help.

--
Regards,