[PLUG] [OT?] Internet privacy? ?? ???

Michael Barnes barnmichael at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 02:06:00 UTC 2018

In short, there is no such thing as privacy on the internet, period. If he
wants to look at anything anywhere on the internet, any information on his
computer is subject to retrieval. I would suggest he acquire a separate
computer (preferably running Linux) and put absolutely no user identifiable
information on it, i.e. user Fred Flinstone, address Bedrock, etc. Create a
new email for the purpose, like FredF1000BC at gmail.com, and use that system
for all internet activity. Whatever personal info is gleaned from that
computer is worthless and he will have nothing to worry about. Of course he
will have to create new YouTube, Facebook, etc. accounts. That's the cost
of "privacy".