[PLUG] [OT?] Internet privacy? ?? ???

Mke C> mconnors1 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 06:38:34 UTC 2018

On 02/02/2018 06:33 PM, plug-request at pdxlinux.org wrote:
> If anyone can suggest how I could better handle this -- public or
> private responses requested.

I'd tell you brother to start here =>
https://mic.com/articles/62163/6-things-you-need-to-know-so-your-private-youtube-videos-don-t-end-up-on-google#.CLRknPVQj

"Click on your avatar and select*YouTube Settings*On the next screen,
click on*Privacy*at the top left

On this screen you’re able to set up and check your account privacy
settings. Under “Likes and Subscriptions,” you can check the box to make
sure any videos you like and any channels you subscribe to stay private
and confidential. Under “Search and Contacts,” you can control who can
contact you, share your videos, and find you by email address."

I saw a link to another article about how people who have YouTube
channels can capture email addresses of subscribers. Maybe that's what's
happening here.

Then if that's not what's going on, I'd have him contact YouTube
directly about his specific privacy concerns.
https://www.youtube.com/static?template=privacy_guidelines

But generally these days, you'd have to invest some serious time and
energy to have any degree of privacy on the internet. I aim for
anonymity and obfuscation with the smallest time & energy investment.

Also, you can use YouTube anonymously. You don't have to have an account
to watch videos. If he wants all the "features" of YouTube he can create
an alternate email address for his account. There are plenty of fee
throw away / single use email addresses to be had on the Internet.