[PLUG] [OT?] Internet privacy? ?? ???

Rigel Hope gnu at rigelhope.org
Sat Feb 3 21:55:02 UTC 2018

without knowing more about what makes him think his email is being given
out, it's hard to say what caused it, because theres lots of levels this,
or phenomena similar enough to be confused with actual distribution, can
happen on.

it could be someone licensing a third party mailing list, like a lookup
table, and using that to key targeted ad buys. it could be related to any
number of third party cookies set and used by a bewildering array of
websites. it could be some field set in his browser local storage or other
internal configuration information that is being exploited by someone.
heck, someone could have set a root CA key up in his browser and has been
MITM-ing him the whole time (fairly unlikely).

to suggest a response would require knowing the underlying symptoms in more
detail, really.