[PLUG] Parts shopping for new desktop

Bill Barry wabarry at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 05:23:41 UTC 2018

On Feb 6, 2018 11:17 PM, "John Jason Jordan" <johnxj at gmx.com> wrote:

On Tue, 6 Feb 2018 20:40:15 -0800
Denis Heidtmann <denis.heidtmann at gmail.com> dijo:

>I did a brief search and found a prediction that the SATA Express "may
>never catch on."

That may be a true prediction, but at the moment a SATA Express port
plus the device to mount in the front panel is the only way I can find
to get USB 3.1 Gen. 2 in the front of a desktop computer. I can find
plenty of motherboards that offer ports accessible in the back of the
computer, but I don't want to have to crawl around on the floor behind
the computer to plug in a portable drive.

How about a short usb extension cable to a usb on the back?