[PLUG] CPU info needed

Smith, Cathy Cathy.Smith at pnnl.gov
Wed Feb 14 23:57:48 UTC 2018

Determine your requirements.  Look at how you intend to use the computer.   Are you a gamer, bitcoin miner, or just general Internet browsing and email?  The gamers always want the latest, hottest of everything.   Mining bitcoins has its own requirements.  If you have a specific application that you intend to use, look to see the application or vendor has requirements    Even if all you do is browse the Internet and read email, memory will make a difference.  Find out if you can add memory later or not.

I got bite last year going to a workshop.  The vendor said their app would work with 8 GB RAM, but did better at 16 GB.  Well, the app can't do much with only 8 GB RAM.  It would run, just barely, on my old Mac.

A friend bought a System76 last year for general type usage.  He has been happy with it.

Cathy
--
Cathy L. Smith
IT Engineer