[PLUG] Postfix autoresponder experiences?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Feb 15 13:37:22 UTC 2018

On Wed, 14 Feb 2018, Michael Barnes wrote:

> Personal opinion. Autoresponders are the work of the devil and should be
> avoided at all costs.

Michael,

   I am well aware of the potential for misuse. Some of us experience it on
the PLUG mail lists with a server in South Africa. If I installed and
configured one it would have to exclude mail lists.

   It's not that I really need one, but it seems to be required by many
working for large companies. I can see the need attorneys have for letting
folks know when they're in trial or taking a deposition, but otherwise ...

   It is mostly curiosity that promted me to ask for feedback from those who
have used an autoresponder with postfix.

Regards,