[PLUG] Seagate firmware update

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Thu Feb 15 22:00:34 UTC 2018

Hi,

This is just an FYI for others that might be interested.

I just got through updating the firmware on a Seagate hard disk.  This
very dangerous method avoids having to write an image to a USB drive or
CD.  It also avoids the need to reboot.  If you have the need and feel
like living dangerously, the instructions are here.  Note that these
instructions don't necessarily apply to all Seagate disks.

<https://github.com/galenseitz/general/wiki/Firmware-update-of-Seagate-harddisk-from-iso-using-Linux>

It should also be noted that 'my' instructions are just an edited
version of someone else's.

galen
--
Galen Seitz