[PLUG] New computer

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Feb 19 13:50:18 UTC 2018

On Sun, 18 Feb 2018, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> When I got home with the new HDMI cable I plugged it in, but the monitor
> just says 'no signal.' I also tried booting to an Ubuntu USB stick, but
> still no signal to the monitor. My laptop also has an HDMI output so I
> tried that, but still no signal to the monitor.

John,

   Did the video work at the clinic?

   While FreeGeek is not open today they're a good source for monitors. And
having a spare on hand is always helpful in determining whether a monitor is
dead or just resting.

   My Acer is many years old, never off, and still works so it might be a
cable or connection issue with your monitor.