[PLUG] New computer

Tomas K tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 09:34:12 UTC 2018

For what it is wort it 42.2 will not boot your new HW, you either
install 42.3 or do not waste your time. I know, I have tried that on
the same CPU and chipset before.

I am not trying to start any flame wars, I just do not know much about
this deep into Ubuntu - 42.3 has backported your CPU and chipset
features - that is probably why it booted, installed and worked while
the other distros, do not out of the box.

At this point, I would just try to replicate what we did and what
worked - and that was opensuse 42.3. Opensuse works regardless of the
secure boot enabled/disabled as it is properly signed by MS, so UEFI
trusts it.

Anyway, good luck, time to start a log book, so that you can remember
what you tried and how.

Tomas