[PLUG] LibreOffice: delete character at cursor

Richard England rlengland at frontier.com
Fri Feb 23 21:53:14 UTC 2018

First, I'm not and expert.  With that caveat, note that Ctrl-D, by
default, sets double underline.

You can record a macro in LibreOffice and assign it to Ctrl-D if you want.

Record the macro using these instructions
https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/Recording_a_Macro

I opened a doc, enter some text, positioned my cursor, started the macro
record, then hit the "Del" key and stopped macro recording. I then saved
the macro as "Del_right". This resulted in the following:

> REM  *****  BASIC  *****
>
> Sub Main
>
> End Sub
>

> sub Del_right
> rem ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> rem define variables
> dim document   as object
> dim dispatcher as object
> rem ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> rem get access to the document
> document   = ThisComponent.CurrentController.Frame
> dispatcher = createUnoService("com.sun.star.frame.DispatchHelper")
>
> rem ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> dispatcher.executeDispatch(document, ".uno:Delete", "", 0, Array())
>

> end sub

I then used the instructions here as a guide:

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12882

Select Keyboard, then Ctrl+D, then "Modify".

In the functions section find "LibreOffice Macros>My Macros > Standard >
Module1" and select the "Del_right" macro you saved.

This is just for guidance. I'm sure the process may be "dirty" but it
worked for me. As always, YMMV.

~~R