[PLUG] LibreOffice: delete character at cursor

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 22:56:57 UTC 2018

On 02/23/2018 10:16 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   Hey, LibreOffice users, here's a question for which I've yet to find the
> answer: How do I set Ctrl-d to delete the character immediately to the
> right
> of the cursor (the point in emacs speak)?
>
>   I find nothing appropriate in Customize -> Keyboard. I see 'delete to end
> of ...' and 'delete to beginning of ...' but nothing that duplicates the
> Delete key.
>
>   Being used to writing in emacs when I need to share documents with others
> I use LO's Writer and I'm continually deleting words by automatically
> pressing ctrl-d at the end of a line to bring the following line up.
>
>   The path to enlightenment is desired.
>
> Rich

Rich
You don't need a macro to do this (Sorry, Richard E.).

In writer, go to Tools -> Customize, Keyboard tab.
In the Window that pops up, select "Edit" in the Category list and
"Backspace" in the Function list. The Keys list will now show the key
currently assigned. In the upper Shortcut keys box, scroll down and
select CTRL-D.  On the right select the botton, LibreOffice, for global,
or Writer.  The click "Modify" and the Keys box should now show both
Backspace and Ctrl-D

https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/Keyboard

https://documentation.libreoffice.org/assets/Uploads/Documentation/en/GS5.1/HTML/GS5114-CustomizingLibreOffice.html#__RefHeading__10279_2122281821