[PLUG] Porting an C/C++ from . Linux to Mac OS

VY vyau5678 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 01:07:15 UTC 2018

Dear All

I hope you won't find this off-topic but since this is somewhat Linux
related, I thought
I tried posting it.

I am tasked to port a C/C++ application from Linux to Mac OS.   The app is
using user level libraries, nothing kernel level.   I just did a straight
"make" and surprised to see
it died complaining simple things like missing <malloc.h>.
Apple actually published a guide on this topic:

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/Porting/Conceptual/PortingUnix/intro/intro.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40002847-TPXREF101

I have not read it yet.   I am writing to ask folks in the group to see if
you have any personal experience you can share?  Tips/pointers much
appreciated!

thanks

-v