[PLUG] procmail: diagnosing error [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jan 19 20:42:52 UTC 2018

On Fri, 19 Jan 2018, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   Early this week procmail stopped putting my business mail in my alpine
> INBOX which is the default specified in ~/procmail/recipes.rc as
> /var/spool/mail/rshepard. I need to learn how to diagnose the reason it
> stopped working properly.

   Well, this is interesting. Pat and crew released a patched kernel
(4.4.111) to which I upgraded.

   Earlier today I added another recipe to ~/procmail/recipes.rc:
:0:
* ^TO_.*@appl-ecosys.com
$DEFAULT

which is what procmail is supposed to do based on ~/.procmailrc, but stopped
doing. It did not work before the reboot. Now it works. However, procmail
will not deliver mail to the DEFAULT mailbox without this new recipe (which
is still screwy), but at least now mail to my business domain is deposited
in alpine's INBOX.

   Whew!

Carpe weekend,