[PLUG] migrating maildirs from dovecot imap server to evolution local

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Tue Jan 23 20:17:54 UTC 2018

Has anyone here tried moving maildir folders from a dovecot imap
respository to an evolution local repository?  I just decommissioned the
dovecot server.  The messages themselves don't seem to be an issue, but
what dovecot metadata should I remove and how to get evolution to
regenerate its indexing and folders.db is the question.  First guess
(remove all the metadata, move the folders) didn't work, got Evolution
to throw an error and spin the CPU for a few hours before I came to the
conclusion it wasn't doing anything.

Thanks for any ideas.

--
Russell Senior, President