[PLUG] SCSI device driver

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 03:55:45 UTC 2018

On 01/29/2018 02:22 AM, Tomas Kuchta wrote:
> Pretty old distro/kernel. For what is worth it - I do not have the same
> problem with 16.04.
>
> Anyway, how about creating soft link pointing to /dev/sr?. Did you try that?
>
> Tomas

IIRC, /dev/sg* are character devices, /dev/sr* are block devices, and
you can't just link them together with 'ln'

lsscsi -g  should list the connection of block to scsi char device if
the sg module is loaded correctly and udev creates the dev nodes

I did read somewhere that ubuntu dropped sg as "unused".  Since others
here have said that newer Ubuntu kernels have sg and it works.  Perhaps
an upgrade is the best fix.

-Ed