[PLUG] Roll-your-own VPN server?

David Barr dafydd at dafydd.com
Wed Jul 4 03:43:59 UTC 2018

Good Morning,

If I were to build a VPN server for transient client connections, like mobile devices or laptops, what would you recommend?

- Bonus points for using certificates for the server ~and clients~, so devices would have to be "registered" in advance.
- Bonus points for requiring 2FA on top of that, to reduce the risk of a lost/stolen device.

I haven't looked in a while, but I recall OpenVPN was really oriented towards setting up permanent connections, and configuring for transient connections was really convoluted.

Thanks!
David

--

David - Offbeat		http://pgp.mit.edu/
dafydd - Online		0xda3f18449337d6b5

Rene Descartes walks into his neighborhood watering hole. The publican sees him and asks, "Will you have your usual, sir?"

Descartes ponders a moment and replies, "I think not."

And promptly disappears...