[PLUG] When {[right question] >= (useful answer)} ?

Richard Owlett rowlett at cloud85.net
Wed Jul 4 12:10:12 UTC 2018

This Richard is confused ;/

Using GParted I created an ext4 partition labeled "owlcommon".
I added the following line to fstab:
   LABEL=owlcommon /home/richard/Documents/tst_common ext4 rw,user 0 0

On reboot it does appear in the expected file system location.

*BUT* it is locked {owned by root with users only able to read}

I would like all users to have unrestricted access.
If not possible, since "richard" has the same UID on all systems, I
would like "richard" to have full access AUTOMATICALLY.

IOW when I do a fresh install to another partition I want to write a
line to that system's fstab (or elsewhere) such that "richard"
automagically has full access.