[PLUG] When {[right question] >= (useful answer)} ?

Richard Owlett rowlett at cloud85.net
Wed Jul 4 20:13:52 UTC 2018

But gave hint to cheating "fairly: ;/
Used GParted to reformat to FAT32.
But GParted won't label a FAT partition.
Used "fatlabel" to label it.
Edited fstab:
   LABEL=owlcommon /home/richard/Documents/tst_common vfat
user,rw,umask=000      0  0

Tested by editing the fstab of another Debian instance.
Both can read/write that directory.

When I have time I'll test on another machine which can multi boot
WinXP. "fatlabel" gave a warning that Windows might not be happy with a
lower case label. But my immediate problem is solved.
Thank you.