[PLUG] A "Where am I" routine

Richard Owlett rowlett at cloud85.net
Fri Jul 6 11:24:41 UTC 2018

I multi-boot several configurations &/or releases of Debian.
I will run identical test scripts on each.
I want to store the results in a common logging file.

I can set up an appropriate environment with a custom fstab containing:

>  # create a common area
>  LABEL=owlcommon /home/richard/Documents/tst_common vfat user,rw,umask=000 0 0
>  # a dummy mount labeled to show which instance
>  LABEL=dummy /home/richard/Documents/where/sda14 ext4 user,ro 0 0

The first statement gives me a directory usable by all.
The second tells me where I am by using:
    ls /home/richard/Documents/where
in any test script.