[PLUG] Kicad help needed

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 23:29:45 UTC 2018

I posted the following to dorkbot pdx.  I received a couple of replies, and
will be pursuing them, but I thought I would try this list as well to
expand the search.

I am trying to design a rather simple board but are having troubles which I
believe is associated with the libraries. (Trouble with Kicad libraries?
How could that be?)

The board is two-sided, 6" square, has three different connectors, a few
resistors and capacitors, some mechanical holes and some silk-screen text.

The principal problem is that I want to modify two of the footprints and
save them to a local library.  I have read many discussions related to this
issue, but I have not been able to duplicate the suggestions.   I have not
been able to create a local library.

A secondary, less important problem is that when I array one of the changed
footprints they appear interconnected.  The array is intended to be a
prototype area consisting of separate, unconnected square plated-through
pads.

I am running kicad 4.0.2+dfsg1-stable on Ubuntu 16.04 lts on a laptop.

Is there someone here who would have the time and interest in getting me
past this hump?  We could meet anywhere in the Portland area at your
convenience.

Thanks,
-Denis Heidtmann