[PLUG] Kicad help needed

Paul Mullen pm at nellump.net
Mon Jul 16 05:25:25 UTC 2018

On Sat, Jul 14, 2018 at 05:24:31PM -0700, Denis Heidtmann wrote:
> Now I am trying to create an unplated hole .125 inches in diameter
> with .050 inches clearance to the solder mask and any copper.  I
> found numerous references to this on line, but do not know the magic
> yet.  Starting with a mounting hole in the provided library should
> be the easiest, but I cannot figure out how to edit them--I cannot
> see the hole size in the footprint editor, so do not know how to
> change the hole size.

Hover your mouse pointer over the hole and press the "E" key, which
will open the *Pad Properties* dialog.  You'll probably want to
experiment with different values in the *Local Clearance and Settings*
tab.  The tab mentions, "solder mask and paste values are used only
for pads on copper layers."  Perhaps setting a custom thermal relief
gap will give you the desired 0.050" clearance.

Alternatively, you can right click on the hole and see all of the
available actions.

--
Paul Mullen