[PLUG] Filesystem problems with new USB drive

wes plug at the-wes.com
Sat Jul 21 05:40:33 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 7:39 PM, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at gmx.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 19:30:25 -0700
> John Jason Jordan <johnxj at gmx.com> dijo:
>
> >And considering that the goods say nothing about the size I can guess
> >what will happen when eBay gets my complaint. The seller will insist
> >that they never said the drive was 256GB. Well, we'll see what happens.
>
> Yep. I just brought up the listing and, sure enough, the seller has
> modified it after the sale. I don't know if it will show up for y'all,
> but here is the link:
>
>         https://tinyurl.com/yaptv9sf
>
> If that doesn't work, it is item 163143044072.
>
> Interestingly, the price has also been lowered (although I have the
> PayPal transaction). And the seller changed the size and price, but it
> still has the pic that says 256GB.

Under "Item specifics" it still says "Storage Capacity: 256GB"

It also claims to be usb3, of which I'm very skeptical. As for "who dun it"
... it occurs to me that this seller could just as easily have purchased
these believing they were 256gb drives, and only learned they were fakes
after selling some and getting complaints. Hopefully they are cooperative
with your return.

Incidentally, I bought a pack of 5 of these (correctly labeled) for about
$35 earlier this year. I tested them by putting a bunch of data on them,
though now I'm probably going to install f3 just to see what it says. I'm
happy enough with them that I just ordered a new set. Here's to hoping
they're also real...

If you do end up finding a real 256gb drive for a reasonable price, please
let us know. I wouldn't mind getting one or two myself. I'm just not
willing to buy a bunch of them to find out which ones are real.

-wes