[PLUG] Filesystem problems with new USB drive

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jul 21 17:53:19 UTC 2018

On Sat, 21 Jul 2018, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> And this seller's listing says '230 sold.' The seller is galaxycentre13,
> also located in Malaysia (different address) and shipping from the same
> warehouse in Chino, CA. Galaxycentre13 has 98.4% positive feedback from
> over 130K users.
>
> I know on IMDB users can leave ratings for movies, and it's possible to
> hack IMDB to pump up the positive numbers. (I've seen movies where it
> was done by the production company.) I wonder about eBay.

John,

   Were I in your position, my negative experience with one of what appear to
be the two companies operating under different names would override any
posted positive feedbacks. I'd rather buy from a known good source, pay
more, but get what I ordered.

   You could probably buy an external 256G hard drive for a reasonable price
and known quality. Of course, you'd also need a bigger pocket than for a
thumb drive. :-)