[PLUG] Filesystem problems with new USB drive

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 19:23:13 UTC 2018

Did you already return the drives? It would be interesting to examine them
at a lower level. There were a bunch of Intel ME exploits in 2017, some of
which using "specially prepared" USB sticks as attack vectors.

On the one hand this is probably a quick cash grab by some random company.
But then again, I wonder if these flash drives are an attempt to modify low
level firmware on exploitable Intel systems... Even if the user finds out
that the drive is a fake, the real goal was to change your system firmware.