[PLUG] IP address for a virtual machine?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Fri Jul 27 23:29:35 UTC 2018

On Fri, 27 Jul 2018 15:47:49 -0700
Tomas Kuchta <tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com> dijo:

>If my assessment is correct, I'd think that the Bridge network setup is
>easier to do - unless you would like to keep the guest isolated from
>your home network.

That was it! I have TV working on the Windows guest as I write this. To
accomplish this I shut down Windows, then in Virtualbox under Network I
selected Bridged Adapter, and left it at the defaults, except under
Promiscuous Mode I selected Allow VMs. When I restarted Windows the
player just worked!

Thanks to all for the suggestions and advices!