[PLUG] Simple & inexpensive proxy server for community PCs?

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Sun Jun 10 06:10:04 UTC 2018

Our Personal Telco firmware (based on OpenWrt/LEDE) has a dumb bittorrent
blocker, and we include iftop and tcpdump as management tools.  If you know
someone is doing something they shouldn't be, it isn't very difficult to
figure out which client is responsible, and then you can black-hole them
and wait until they come to you and you can have a gentle conversation with
them about appropriate and inappropriate usage.  If it's an internal
network, it should be even easier to have that conversation.