[PLUG] WiFi not working. Ubuntu 16.04. Lenovo x200

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Fri Jun 15 13:33:34 UTC 2018

On 06/15/2018 05:36 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jun 2018, Dick Steffens wrote:
>
>> Reboot solves the problem. I am able to see a couple of WiFi
>> transceivers, one of which is this hotel. Since I'm hard wired, I'll
>> stick with that for tonight. Tomorrow I probably won't have
>> old-school Ethernet anymore, so knowing what to do to get WiFi
>> working again is good.
>
> Dick,
>
>   The first time the radio in my Dell Latitude didn't work I found the
> switch turned off. It happened inadvertently most likely when I was
> holding
> the front of the unit while putting it in the case or taking it out.
> Since
> then I always look at the switch position to ensure I've not turned it
> off.

My old Acer Aspire laptop had a button on the front edge of the case. I
used to hit it unintentionally, too. On this case the switch is a tiny
slide switch on the left edge at the front. It look similar to a latch,
such as might be used to release a battery. I may have moved it when I
was looking for something else. I never have a reason to use it at home,
and usually turn off Wi-Fi with software. Oh, well. I've learned something.

> Travel safely,

Thanks.

--
Regards,