[PLUG] What is /exports/users for?

David Barr dafydd at dafydd.com
Sat Jun 16 02:20:22 UTC 2018

I ~was~ going to point to it in the LFHS, but I was thinking of /mnt... (http://refspecs.linuxfoundation.org/FHS_3.0/fhs/index.html) In any case, it's non-standard.

If I were to guess, /exports is the FS set aside for for NFS-Server. That is, the material on this server that gets exported via NFS lives in this FS. Since NFS can (much more easily now) be limited at the filesystem level, that reduces the chances that a Bad Actor can cross the NFS-exported filesystem boundary.

But, none of that is relevant to your question, really, unless you're deliberately exporting all of your attached removable devices...

David