[PLUG] [OT ? ?? ???] Linux and computer literacy

Tyrell Jentink tyrell at jentink.net
Sun Jun 17 22:41:49 UTC 2018

I don't consider this to be off topic...

But aren't you the one that lives (Several states) east of Estacada? How is
any advice I'm about to give going to help anyone? In light of that...

The county libraries in Reno, NV offer classes in open source software.
Last I looked (Erm... Several years ago), it was "Mostly" OpenOffice.org
and Firefox literacy, but they promised to teach them on Linux machines...
So maybe it matured well.

The county libraries in Kalispell, MT don't even HAVE windows computers
(Or, they didn't when I was last there, again, several years ago);
Everything was based on multiple terminal nodes plugged into central
servers running Linux (As early as 2006, no less!), And they also offered
classes...

So... I guess if "libraries that know Microsoft has competition" are what
your after... Yes, they exist.