[PLUG] rsync options for backup

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Sat Jun 23 15:14:09 UTC 2018

Not generally. Moving disks is often to get a bigger drive, in which case
you want a bigger filesystem, including more inodes. Using dd and resizing
(afaik) does not increase the number of inodes available. I'm typically
doing this on RAID1 block devices so duplicating to a new drive (e.g. in
case of drive failure) is handled by the RAID layer.