[PLUG] Introduction - from Niagara Falls NY

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Mon Jun 25 14:07:24 UTC 2018

On Sun, 24 Jun 2018, J. Hart wrote:

> I have been following your activities both on the PLUG list and via live
> streaming from the meetings for the last couple of months, and thought it
> might be time to introduce myself.

Remember our motto: You're a PLUG member is you say you're a PLUG
member. It's good to hear we're expanding from the current American
northwest to the old American northwest!

> I've pretty heavily involved with Linux itself for over twenty
> years, having started to use it when the lab began a changeover from
> the many other Unix systems they were using at the time (ex.
> SunOS/Solaris, IRIX, HP-UX, AIX, various Connection Machines, etc).

I was able to avoid AIX, but SunOS, IRIX, and HP-UX (ick!) have all
fallen under my purview at one time or another. We still use the
Solaris-based OmniOS for file-server duties.

Glad you decided to introduce yourself! Welcome!

--
Paul Heinlein
heinlein at madboa.com
45°38' N, 122°6' W