[PLUG] SANE not quite easy

Michael Rasmussen michael at jamhome.us
Wed Jun 27 01:37:43 UTC 2018

I've acquired an Epson V500 flatbed scanner. After immediate install of
xsane and the Epson iscan drivers scanning does not work.  I've added
myself to the scanner group and done a bit of unproductive googling.

The sympton can be summed up:

  michael at camper:~$ scanimage -L
  device `epson:libusb:001:006' is a Epson  flatbed scanner
  michael at camper:~$ scanimage -T
  scanimage: rounded value of br-x from -32768 to -32768
  scanimage: rounded value of br-y from -32768 to -32768
  scanimage: sane_start: Invalid argument
  michael at camper:~$

If you have a cluestick on what needs to be done, I'm ready for a whack.

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
    Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity