[PLUG] Oops, they broke it...

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 16:10:09 UTC 2018

Folks,
I have upgraded my machines to Ubuntu Mate 18.04, so far not too bad,
BUT... just
ran into this:
While trying to pull files from my android phone, I get the following,
The folder contents could not be displayed
Sorry could not display all the contents of "Camera": libmtp error:
could not get object handles
This worked great in 16.04, but someone has broken it at least it appears.
All the
needed packages are in there. I dumpster dived (googled) for it saw some
older
issues but this acts like libmtp is broke, anyone have any ideas/

Oh yes I can see files and other non-image stuff on the phone it is just
when I try to
look in the camera directory and pull some images out where it gets
crosseyed...To
much smarts in my view, just treat the stinking images as files and let me
pull them
out as files, but noooo, they gotta try to idiot proof it..
If I can just figure out how to make it treat all in there as files I will
be good.
--

Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.