[PLUG] Dns error on Ubuntu for hotspots

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 21:09:26 PDT 2018

The problem with the Starbucks hotspots is that they get upset when you use
a homepage they weren't expecting. It only returns the login page if you
send a DNS request it likes. So if your homepage is set to naacp.org
instead of a login page your request will be rejected. Repeated attempts to
access naacp.org through the wifi may be logged as cyber attacks and
trigger automated 911 calls.