[PLUG] Dns error on Ubuntu for hotspots

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 12:37:52 UTC 2018

These public systems with their re-directs to a login page do not work well
or at all with
a request to a https page. In order to avoid that I use a page that does
not try to go to a
secure page. The cheap and greasy one I use is
www.foo.com
Works every time.
But generally any request to an http:/ or non-secure page will work.