[PLUG] Cannot access cell from USB (Chuck Hast)

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 23:19:47 UTC 2018

It was back in the latter half of last year. I remember that there was an
update,
some days later I tried to pull some data off of my cell and it refused. At
that
time I just plugged it into another machine pulled them off and dropped them
onto this machine, I have been doing that since when I need to (most times I
just pull them onto a laptop where I am going to use them)

I wish I had taken note of the upgrade but at the time I was busy doing
some-
thing else and did not take the time to do so. The other computer let me
get by
if it had all NOT worked I would certainly have noticed but it was only the
one
machine.

The upgrade, or actually update, was the only thing of note that had taken
place
that I could account for. I had not added any software, nor had the phone
gone
through an upgrade/update so the action on the PC was the only thing that I
was
able to think of as the cause. Prior to that point it had worked great,
plug in
phone, phone ask if I want to allow file sharing, I OK it and a file
manager screen
opens on the PC showing files in my phone. Now the phone ask if I want to
share the files, but on the Linux machine it opens an empty file manager
screen
when I touch the allow access to device data on the phone it fails and
starts over
again.

One way or another I will find it.