[PLUG] Configuring a router: finding the missing step

Ken Eshelby eshelbyk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 15:55:13 UTC 2018

So to summarize?

default:
.1.0 network, static ip on laptop - success

.55.0 network, static ip on laptop - fail
  - you can try setting the laptop to .1.0 network at this point to see if
the .55.0 network is actually configured on the lan side of the router.

.55.0 network, dhcp ip on laptop - ???  (this step could verify what the
router is giving out, possibly implying its "LAN" network settings)

I don't know enough about these to know how flexibly they can be
configured.

If you're feeling adventurous, there are evidently pins on the system board
for a serial connection, but not exposed through the case.  Could possibly
eliminate some of the guesswork. I would be curious if there are
differences between the different eth ports

--
Ken